MIDVALE, Utah – A high school in a Salt Lake City suburb has been evacuated and closed for the day because of a gas leak.
Authorities say Hillcrest High School in Midvale was evacuated Wednesday morning, with students being sent home for the day due to the possible prolonged duration of the closure.
KUTV-TV reports that use of heavy construction equipment resulted in a tank leaking natural gas.
Crews were working to control the leak and the school building was being vented.
No injuries were reported.