(StatePoint) – Need a Mother’s Day gift that truly shines? Take these fun and practical ideas into consideration.
1. A clean house. Let Mom take a load off now and again. Hire a cleaning service once a month for a year, or if you’re on a budget, do it yourself. From laundry to dishes — an IOU ticket to take care of the chores she would usually handle will give Mom an opportunity to take more time for herself to read a book or go out with friends.
2. A classic accessory. If you’re looking for something classic, give Mom an accessory that combines function and fashion, such as the Vintage Collection timepieces from Casio. Offered in a range of styles that complement fashion palates from simple and classic to retro glam, each timepiece comes equipped with an LED-lit display face, a countdown timer and a 1/10th second stopwatch. They also feature a daily alarm, hourly time signal and an auto-calendar, making them a necessity for anyone looking for fashion flare that keeps her organized, on-time and up-to-date with appointments.
3. Some rest and relaxation. Send Mom for a spa day, where she can select the treatments and services she wants best. Or, help her to create a spa-like environment at home, with face masks, a foot spa and bath bombs for the tub.
4. A hobby. Has Mom always wanted to learn to play piano? Consider gifting portable technology to help her achieve this dream. One modestly priced option is Casio’s CT-X700 portable keyboard, which features a rich sound with a powerful AiX Sound Service. Designed for casual players and beginners, it has a Lesson System that displays the proper fingering and notation, helping you learn its library of 100 built-in songs, as well as a six-track recorder.
5. Time together. Spend some quality time with Mom. Take a cooking class or comedy workshop together, or look for sip and paint options, where you learn painting skills while enjoying a glass of wine or beer. Local cafes and bars often host such events; however, you may want to check out the community center or community college for class options, too.